Koi Pond Installations
Koi Pond Installations Pretoria!
A Koi Pond should serve two main functions: one is to provide a healthy home for your Koi Fish. The other is to provide “clear-water” so that you, the owner, can enjoy your Koi Fish.
Neither of the above is dependent on the other. You can have healthy and happy Koi in a “pea-soup” green pond, or you can have diseased and Koi in green water. Having “crystal-clear” water is not having an indication of a healthy pond.
Pet a Pond will assist you in the correct combination of biological and mechanical filtration for your specific conditions. Pumps used for biological filters are required to run 24 hours a day, so we will advise and supply the best product for your needs.
Design considerations that we use when designing a Koi Pond:
- 5000 liters or larger. “The bigger, the better”
- 80cm or deeper. Deeper is better. It does not take up any more space or proportionally more filtration.
- Straight or near vertical walls, protection from predators and more pond volume.
- One or more bottom drains
- Bottom that slopes towards the drain and away from water falls or incoming water
- Some form of surface skimmer
- Biological filtration system
If you are presently considering in Koi Pond Installations, please visit our Pet a Pond Pet Shop Pretoria based in Willow Way Shopping Center so that we may assist you in the technical aspects of Koi Farming.
What is the difference between a Koi and a Goldfish?
It’s very important to maintain a healthy environment for your Goldfish. See our notes below if you have ever wondered how often you should change the water of your Fish tank!
We Import our Koi from Israel and Japan…What is the difference?
Do You Know The Anatomy of Your Koi?
It’s easy keeping your Pond healthy and your Koi happy – we will help you with any queries